2013 Ultimate Golfing Road trip – hosted by Golf in the Garden Route
3rd – 9th Feb 2013
What a great success once again and what a unique and Fun tour
I think I speak on behalf of all golfers – quoted by players – “The Road trip is my Ultimate Tour of the Year ”
4th Annual Year
2013 was like a reunion as 60% of the 2012 golfers returned and the other 40% were new golfers onboard – what a great bunch of “boys and girls”
The energy amongst the players were awesome – it was seeing old friends again and making new friends!
9 courses in 7 days with daily prize giving – that’s why it’s called the Ultimate Golfing Road trip for the Garden Route
Format – Betterball Stableford
This year we only played 8 courses as Kingswood hosted the Ten Nations International event during the week of the Road trip
Never the less – thinking the boys and girls would take the day off – no-no – most of them played Fancourt the afternoon after playing George
Day 1 – Sunday 3rd Feb 2013 Plettenberg Bay Country Club & Goose Valley – 36 Holes
Day 2 – Monday 4th Feb 2013 Pezula Championship Golf Course
Day 3 – Tuesday 5th Feb 2013 Simola Golf Estate
Day 4 – Wednesday 6th Feb 2013 Oubaai Golf Estate followed by Bowls at Outeniqua Bowling Club
Day 5 – Thursday 7th Feb 2013 George Golf Course
Day 5 – Friday 8th Feb 2013 Mossel Bay Golf Course
Day 7 – Saturday 9th Feb 2013 – Finale -Pinnacle Point Golf Estate
And just to put a spanner in the wheel – the golfers enjoyed an afternoon playing Bowls at Outeniqua Bowling Club – must say we had some serious Bowlers amongst the golfers… – Great fun it was – they def. want to do it again next year!
Thank you to Outeniqua for hosting us!
We had 60 golfers participating in 2013’s Road trip
We also had the privilege of having Compleat Golfer onboard for the last few day – David Taylor
We had golfers travelling from far – as far as Germany, UK, USA
Others came as far as PE, JHB, Cape Town, Krugerpark, Klerksdorp and a few locals – George, Knysna, Mossel Bay
Profile of players
We started the Road trip off in Plettenberg Bay and ending in Mossel Bay – with the Finale at Pinnacle Point – sit down Dinner – semi Formal with a band called Down South all the way from Stellenbosch – playing the Flamenco Spanish Guitar and Violin – ending the Tour off on a high note –the golfers loved them!
We want to thank all the golf courses who have participated and making their facilities available to our Annual Event! The boys and girls could only speak highly about our quality of golf courses, the service and the food! THANK YOU
We want to congratulate the 2014 Ultimate Winners – 8 courses in 7 days
Nico Maas & Wim Fourie
Prize – they return to 2014 Road Trip – COMPLIMENTARY
Thank you to all the golf courses for sponsoring this wonder prize
and the Runners Up
Henry Erasmus and Daan Le Roux
We also want to thank our sponsors for supporting us as this would have not been possible without you!
Big Thank you to Jetline, Taylor Made, Tekkie Town, Questia Golf Glamour, Scratch Golf and Klipdift as they sponsored our daily prizes!
Other sponsors were Fancourt, The Garden Route Golf Passport, Kenako, Garden Court Mossel Bay, Art in the Garden Route, Farm Jacaranda, Cabs Car Hire, Compleat Golfer, The Pro Shop, Namaqua, Techni Block
Lastly we want to thank all the players to raising funds to support our Charity – Supplying Underprivileged potential golfers with golf bags, golf clubs and more
This is our yearly Charity together with the Road Trip – Charity will be handed over to Johan Erasmus, manager of SAGDB in the Southern Cape
We are looking forward to another successful Road trip – “5th Annual Year -2014 Ultimate Golfing Road trip” – new dates to be released soon – estimated time March 2014
SEE YOU ALL IN 2014
2013 Road trip Gallery